newsletters still broken?

Chris

newsletters still broken?

Posted:02 Feb 2009 (22:32 UTC)
Are there any plans to fix Newletters? They were broken in 2.1 and still are in 2.5. Maybe I should head across and raise a bug (I thought I had already).

I'm just not sure it wasn't me doing something stupid so thought I should check here first.

So, the main issue is that subscribe doesn't work. Seems the code is a little mixed up, looking for 'newsletters.tpl' template (you can see the same on the BW site when you try to subscribe).

I have a further problem where 'list newsletters' just gives me the user info page instead of listing newsletters. If I call 'center_list_newsletters' directly instead of dynamic.tpl from index.php then my newsletters are displayed - this I cannot reproduce on another instance of 2.5

Please let me know if I need to raise a bug because this feature couldbe so powerful - if I can't get it working I'm going to have to look at Tikiwiki but really don't want to face the conversion (and the lack of GraphViz parsing in TikiWiki).

Thanks,
Chris.
kinderlehrer

Re: newsletters still broken?

Posted:02 Feb 2009 (22:53 UTC)
I have been out of the IRC loop for a few months, but when I left this was not working and there were no indication that it would be.

I was told that the programmer of this package automatically subscribes users to newsletters when they register - the implication was that I ought to do the same.

By the same token I also need a user able to unsubscribe themselves.

Site is 2.5.0 beta.

I would also like for this to be more fully functional as currently instead I use a simple email programme and paste the user addresses in there from the site to send newsletters.
Chris

Re: newsletters still broken?

Posted:03 Feb 2009 (00:50 UTC)
Thanks for the reply.

I've tried working through it given as little I know about the framework and PHP but I can see that it does seem to be work in progress but in a broken state.

You'll see that when you subscribe only the first character of the email address is inserted into MAIL_SUBSCRIPTIONS (I think the subscribe function is passed an array element rather than the entire array) etc. etc.

There's just a bit too much for me to fix in the time and understanding I have. At least you confirmed I was totally crazy and was just not understanding.

I've picked up a few other bugs too including one quite serious so I'll go post them tomorrow..

Cheers,
Chris
  Page 1 of 1  1