Gmap Error

Gmap Installation Error

Gmap Error

Posted:01 Mar 2009 (17:43 UTC)
hi I have installed BW 2.5 however, during installation or even after installation when I try to install Gmap it totally disrupts the site and all pages gets following error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '=', expecting ')' in /public_html/home/gmap/BitGmap.php on line 193

How do I debug this? If I have to retain my earlier installation what is the process?
Bobby Richardson

Re: Gmap Error

Posted:10 Mar 2009 (14:26 UTC)
Hmm, GMap is included in the bitweaver 2.5 distro. Let's back up a step or two.

When you say Install, tell what steps you took. My bitweaver 2.5 installation was very smooth.

For GMap, you have to go Administration->GMap->GMap Settings. There you'll find two tabs: General Settings, where you enter your Google Maps API key; and Service Settings, where you select what types of content on your site you want to be map-able.

If you didn't select GMap (requires Geo Package also) on your initial bit2.5 installation, you have to run the installer again.
Tim Colman

Re: Gmap Error

Posted:10 Mar 2009 (15:07 UTC)
I had the same problem. In another forum post, there was advice to delete the entire installation and the database and start again.

When asked for the modules to install, uncheck the gmap and continue. My installation then worked fine.

Clearly there's a problem with the gmap during install and it would great if one of the nice developer people would fix it.
  Page 1 of 1  1