White page on Blog Package

Christian

White page on Blog Package

Posted:10 Mar 2009 (14:19 UTC)
Hi,

i've got a little problem with a new bitwaver installation. So far everything works fine except for the Blog package.

• It is possible to create a blog
  • It is possible to write a blog post
  • It is possible to list the blogs

• It is not possible to access a blog
  • It is not possible to access the recent blog posts

If i try to do this i see only a white page.
I've checked the /kernel/config_inc.php for the parameter define( 'IS_LIVE', FALSE ); but i can't gt any more informations what's wrong.

Thanks for every hint and tip ...

Christian
Bobby Richardson

Re: White page on Blog Package

Posted:10 Mar 2009 (19:49 UTC)
On my installation I was initially getting a 404 - Page Not Found error when trying to read a blog post.

I had to specifically create and CHMOD a /Blogs/posts directory to allow writes; even though nothing is written there...
Christian

Posted:11 Mar 2009 (05:34 UTC)
Good morning,

thanks Bobby but this doesn't work. Tried it out ten minutes ago. I don't get a 404 error, there is not any error message.

It is funny if i don't got any Blog i can access the "Recent Post" page. As soon as i create a Blog there is the only a white page.
laetzer

Posted:11 Mar 2009 (14:06 UTC)
You sure there is no error message? It's hidden if IS_LIVE is set to TRUE in yourbitweaver/kernel/config_inc.php. If that's the case, you can either set it to FALSE, or find the error in your server's error logs.
Christian

Posted:11 Mar 2009 (14:33 UTC)
Jepp, double checked the /kernel/config_inc.php.
The parameter is set to: define( 'IS_LIVE', FALSE );.

My current problem is, that i don't have accss to the server logs for the MySQL and Apache server. Maybe or better hopefully i can get these information in the evening.

As i wrote. As soon as i create a blog or an entry i can't get any access.

The URL in the browser addressbar looks like this: htetep://mysite/blogs/view.php?blog_id=1

The page is blank.
Bobby Richardson

Posted:11 Mar 2009 (21:27 UTC)
Okay, just throwin' out notions here. No particular order, just numbered for ease of read.

1. Purge browser cache - force script reload.
  2. Allow jscript turned on in browser.
  3. Use site style (not user styles -link colors, etc) in browser. Relates to css issues.
  4. Delete/rename .htaccess in /storage (Security issue if installation is web-accessible!) This file suppresses execution of user-uploaded php code.
  5. Edit /kernel/config_inc.php - turn on debug features. More info! (NB: Heavy load + unpretty.)
  6. Check permissions in database admin. Make sure the user specified during bitweaver installation has proper permissions.
  7. View Source from browser may contain hints.
Christian

Posted:12 Mar 2009 (20:17 UTC)
Good evening,

after we found out, that the server log files aren't very helpfull, because they are not the original apache error log or mysql access log, we've tried something new.

I changed the parameter $gDebug = FALSE; to $gDebug = TRUE;. After that there are a lot of sql queries. If i try to access a blogpage with one entry i get only five lines of sql query and then it stops.

Looks like this:

mkdir_p() - file already exists /tmp/adodb/mywiki.de/

(mysql): SELECT `config_name` ,`config_value`, `package` FROM `kernel_config`

1. Query: 1 Start time: 0.14998483657837 ### Query run time: 0.030805110931396
(mysql): SELECT il.`lang_code` AS `hash_key`, il.* FROM `i18n_languages` il ORDER BY il.`lang_code`

1. Query: 2 Start time: 0.20878005027771 ### Query run time: 0.0018348693847656

Thats it. I think this will be the problem.
There are no more queries to the database and so no content to show in the browser.

Maybe you got a idea whats happend here.

Thanks a lot

Christian
Christian

Re: White page on Blog Package (Solution)

Posted:16 Mar 2009 (08:29 UTC)
Good morning,

we found the solution. Okay ... it was a little piece of luck (:wink:).
After some problems with the newest Mediawiki version in our testenvironment, we finaly switched from PHP4 to PHP5.

And ... that's it. The home-blog page shows up and every blog that contains some posts is there to.

Thanks a lot for your hints and tips ... we're working on the next steps. Design and customizing.

cu

Christian
  Page 1 of 1  1