Server 500 error quick question

Robert

Server 500 error quick question

Posted:02 Apr 2009 (02:57 UTC)
Hi, BTW thanks for answering my first question Bobby, I got it up and running!

I'm getting a server 500 error whenever I try to upload images to a gallery I created, I'm assuming I've got some sort of CHMOD error/issue, or I hope that's the case. Also where in the file structure can I go to manually upload massive amounts of images via FTP?

Thanks again! You rock!
Bobby Richardson

Re: Server 500 error quick question

Posted:02 Apr 2009 (19:35 UTC)
You're welcome. Glad you stuck with it.

You might also want to check some .htaccess files. Sometimes the server's httpd.conf file will have entries that deny any override setting via the .htaccess entries. The httpd.conf file contains configuration entries that apply to the entire site, while .htaccess entries are specific to the directory the file is in.

If you have access to the servers /logs/ directory, you might find some info about Error 500 in the error.log file, if it exists. Most times on a shared-host, users don't have access to the httpd.conf file, since the host has to have a setup that works for all users while at the same time maintaining a fair amount of security against unauthorized intrusion efforts.

As for ftp'ing massive amounts of images, the closest thing bw has is multiple upload slots. For bulk file transfer, you'll need a separate ftp program, like WSFTP, FlashFXP, etc.

The downside to using a separate program for file transfer is that much file-info related information is only available in bw if bw is used for the file transfer.
Robert

Posted:02 Apr 2009 (20:14 UTC)
Robert

Posted:02 Apr 2009 (20:32 UTC)
BTW, I downloaded the .htacces file found in /storage this is what it states:
  1. Prevent execution of user uploaded code
RemoveHandler .php
RemoveHandler .cgi
RemoveHandler .pl
RemoveHandler .py
RemoveHandler .jsp

<filesmatch>
order deny,allow
deny from all
</filesmatch>

FYI the 1. in the code up top is actually (#)
Bobby Richardson

Posted:05 Apr 2009 (22:18 UTC)
The numbered sub-dirs are normal bw behaviour for generating directories on-the-fly as users create galleries and upload content.

The commands in the /storage/.htaccess are to prevent a script kiddie from uploading a file, which might contain malicious code, and then having bitweaver execute that code.

The upload limit of 8mb is set in the php.ini file. On shared-hosts, you can't access the server's master (sic) php.ini file, but you can sometimes override some of those settings by placing your own php.ini in your root directory. YMMV. Check with your host.

Okay, the directory tree shows that the files you uploaded are on the disk. Have you checked via Admin>Liberty>List All Content to see if the files show up anywhere at all?

If you have PrettyUrls turned on, try turning them off. Sometimes hosts are persnickity about mod_rewrite.
  Page 1 of 1  1