Replicating a Package

Vince Mercer

Replicating a Package

Posted:29 Sep 2009 (23:45 UTC)
Hello,

I've managed to do a lot of stuff now with Bitweaver, I'm curious about one thing though...

How do I replicate a package? For example, I want to take Articles and create a new Package named "Tech Support"?

1.) Initially I did a mass renaming where I copied the whole articles package and just named every "article" (and "articles") to "techsupport". From file name to code...

2.) I created the database tables, copying all article related tables and renamed it to techsupport.

3.) I managed to have it appear on the package installation and I enabled it... It worked for some parts until I tried to check the user permissions to set which user group can access parts of techsupport, and it wasn't there... plus, viewing the techsupport articles are blank.

Is there a proper way to replicate a package? Which global package needs editing (i.e. Kernel, Users) and what files to tinker with so I can make a full replicated package work??????

Thanks all.
Will

Re: Replicating a Package

Posted:01 Oct 2009 (17:27 UTC)
check out the sample pkg and the treasury pkg, both have scripts for modifying themselves for such repurposing. you may find sample is good for what you are looking to do, or those repurposing scripts may give you some ideas.

btw you may want to look at tickets package for tech support like functionality.
Vince Mercer

Re: Replicating a Package

Posted:05 Oct 2009 (20:04 UTC)
Thanks!
  Page 1 of 1  1