Weird thing: Dropdown for search twice in articles

Sven

Weird thing: Dropdown for search twice in articles

Posted:23 Apr 2007 (12:11 UTC)
I think I screwed something up with a setting but I have no idea which or what....
The problem is: The dropdown for the search appears twice if articles are displayed.
Everything else (blogs, gallery, whatever) is fine, only articles has it.
In addition the dropdowns only have one entry (All) while the normal search dropdown has 6 (entire site, wiki page, blog post, comment, article and image gallery) entries.

See here: C&C Community News - Articles (2 dropdowns) and here: C&C Community news - Blogs (1 dropdown)

What could lead to that, which setting did I choose and how can I get rid of the second dropdown again?
Sven

Re: Weird thing: Dropdown for search twice in articles

Posted:25 Apr 2007 (11:17 UTC)
I have searched the forums for this and found two more posting about the same problem - both unanswered (:sad:)

I consider it as a bug right now as it doesn't seem like itwas my fault (by screwing a setting).

So, next question: Is a bugfix available (on cvs or so) or is there a workaround to this?
I tried removing the package search and put in generals search instead, the obvious glitch disappeared but now the dropdown in Articles is empty (all other regions are functional) and only 'Entire Site' is there.

It looks a bit ugly to visitors and users like this, please help!
Sven

Re: Weird thing: Dropdown for search twice in articles

Posted:23 May 2007 (14:06 UTC)
bump

No one? Come on guys...
Sven

Aw: Weird thing: Dropdown for search twice in articles

Posted:06 Jun 2007 (12:45 UTC)
Guys, this forum sucks (why isn't a thread sent to the top when there's a new reply?) and your 'support' is apparently not available.

I thought you wanted to offer a usable CMS? Then fix some bugs - at least help your users to get rid of them...

I'm not the only one experiencing this so you should indeed do something about it, don't you?
  Page 1 of 1  1