History Diff and DB Storage

Brandon Plewe

History Diff and DB Storage

Posted:11 May 2007 (14:27 UTC)
(using bitweaver 2 beta on PostGres on Win2003 Server)
I'm having difficulty with history on wiki pages. When I try to show the difference between two versions, it always shows the first entire content is replaced by the second entire content, even if the change is minor.

It looks like the problem is because diff compares on a line by line basis, and bitweaver stores wiki pages in the database as a single line (i.e., stripped). Is this the case? What can be done about it? I must be doing something wrong, because I'm sure such a major problem wouldn't have been overlooked.
Brandon Plewe

Re: History Diff and DB Storage

Posted:11 May 2007 (15:08 UTC)
Solved my own problem--partially. It's not liberty, it's TinyMCE. If the "Clean Up HTML Code" setting in TinyMCE is off, it doesn't strip newlines from preexisting code, but it still doesn't insert any into code it creates. Actually, for a variety of reasons, including this, it would be nice if a character-level or word-level diff were used rather than a line-level (like Wikipedia).
WaterDragon
Profile Picture

Re: History Diff and DB Storage

Posted:07 Jun 2007 (18:45 UTC)
I added a new inline diff option to liberty in R2 CVS to address this issue. It should do what you want.
  Page 1 of 1  1