Ubuntu Firefox Installation, Blank Screen

Trey

Ubuntu Firefox Installation, Blank Screen

Posted:20 Jul 2007 (18:17 UTC)
I am attempting to install Bitweaver on the latest version of Ubuntu, with Apache MYSQL and PHP already installed and operating correctly. However, when I try to open install.php, firefox pops up a window asking me wether I would like to open the file with firefox or save it to disc. When I select "open with firefox" and click ok, the browser window goes white and a new tab is automatically opened, the window pops up again and asks me the same question. I can repeat this process indefinitly and all that I get is empty tabs.

I have done some research and found other people who fixed this problem with CHMOD and open_basedir modifications. I CHMODded the entire Bitweaver folder to full permissions for everybody, just to see if it would work (no luck). open_basedir was already commented out in my php.ini file, but I deleted it anyway. Still nothing.

I think that part of my problem is trying to access install.php the wrong way. I have seen it written that it should be accessed this way : www.mysiteexample.com/bitweaver/install/install.php.
On a linux system, where do I put the Bitweaver folder so that I may access it this way? Does it seem logical that accessing it this way would work where trying to open it directly from the file has not? I don't know where to go from here.

I am excited to try this CMS. I've explored Dekiwiki and some others, but Bitweaver looks like it is a level above the rest. I hope that somebody can assist me with this.
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Re: Ubuntu Firefox Installation, Blank Screen

Posted:26 Jul 2007 (20:10 UTC)
Try a different browser. I started using Opera on Ubuntu, even though they removed it from the repositories - but Opera provides very convenient .deb install packages for download on its web site...
Arnaud HERVE

Re: Ubuntu Firefox Installation, Blank Screen

Posted:27 Jul 2007 (10:57 UTC)
Maybe your Apache is not active...
  Page 1 of 1  1 
If you are already registered, please enter your login credentials.
Anonymous Post