403 Forbiddion access Help

Bob

403 Forbiddion access Help

Posted:12 Feb 2008 (23:04 UTC)
Hi, I just installed Bitweaver,it was a clean install....
But I can't access any thing on the the site ?

Error Message:
You don't have permission to access /bitweaver/articles/index.php on this server.
Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) DAV/2 PHP/5.1.1 Server at localhost Port 80.

I found this in FAQ:

I get a 403 Forbidden when trying to access bitweaver after a clean install.
The rewriteEngine needs supporting settings in Apache's httpd.conf. Alternatively you can change each .htaccess file that includes "rewriteEngine on". Add the following line:

Add to .htaccess

Options +FollowSymlinks

There are several .htaccess files that need to be edited. They are in the folders for various packages.

Then I took a look at this and I don't know where to make the changes in the file as its all double dutch to me at the moment.

I'm using uniserver 3.5 on my pc.

I'm not sure this is even the problem?

Please can anyone advise me.

Bobinspain
spiderr
Profile Picture

Re: 403 Forbiddion access Help

Posted:15 Feb 2008 (15:11 UTC)
It sounds like either you have no mod_rewrite or file perms are screwy.

on unix, the answer would be to chmod the files. What this is saying is your webserver, possibily running under a restricted user, does not have access to the directories. backup each level in the path to try different files.

If you are windows (you don't specify OS), it sounds like a problem with your webserver package (XAMPP?)

Try moving the .htaccess files out of the directories and turn off PrettyUrls under Admin->Kernel->Server Settings
Bob

Re: 403 Forbidden access Help

Posted:18 Feb 2008 (08:33 UTC)
Hi Spiderr,
Thats for the advice, I'll try that soon.
However I'm having problems with my server now and can't access anything for the moment. When I get it fixed I'll let you know how it goes.
Many Thanks
Regards
Bob
  Page 1 of 1  1