Header logo

davidb

Header logo

Posted:23 Mar 2008 (02:58 UTC)
Perhaps i have lost my ability to find information... but i am curious as to how you would change the the header text and site slogan from text into an image. I want to be able to add my site logo and i have looked up and down this site and cannot find anything that tells me exactly how to do it. What do i need to do? Thanks ahead of time for your information.
democrat54

Re: Header logo

Posted:23 Mar 2008 (13:11 UTC)
Does this TopBarTutorial help!? I think it should...

Pls, cut and paste link...
http://www.bitweaver.org/wiki/TopBarTutorial

/d54

TopBarTutorial Is Useless for Me

Posted:11 Nov 2008 (20:15 UTC)
(:confused:)
TopBarTutorial doesn't help a bit. I still have no idea how to insert my organization's logo. What do I change in the Kernel > Server Settings?
laetzer

Posted:11 Nov 2008 (23:01 UTC)
In Kernel > Server Settings (/kernel/admin/index.php?page=server) you find your site's title and slogan. Right after install, it's included at the top of each page, from the template /kernel/templates/top.tpl.

What you need to do is copy this template to your own style's folder (/themes/styles/yourstlye/kernel/top.tpl) and edit it to your needs.

Another solution is to not include the template top.tpl at all, and put you logo into a custom module. Go to Admin > Themes > Costum Modules and create a module for your logo (HTML instead of Smarty code). Then go to Admin > Themes > Layout and delete the current top module from the top area, and include your custom module anywhere you like.
Kozuch
Profile Picture

Posted:12 Nov 2008 (08:17 UTC)
User friendly logo change should be a challenge for the devs I think. It would be another cool feature not much CMSs has. I find the Custom Module way to be the easiest for a non-experienced user.
  Page 1 of 1  1