Install finish, but display bug (no css style ?)

Gilles

Install finish, but display bug (no css style ?)

Posted:17 Aug 2008 (09:15 UTC)
Hi,
I finish install (in french language)
and i have a display problem,
as you can see on this screenshot.
URLhttp://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bugbitweaverez7.png/URL

I try with WamServer on my XP computer :
http://localhost/bitweaver/

I try :
define( 'BIT_ROOT_URL', '/bitweaver/' );
and
define( 'BIT_ROOT_URL', 'http://localhost/bitweaver/' );

i try to :
define( 'BIT_ROOT_URI', 'http://localhost/bitweaver/' );
raftbone

Re: Install finish, but display bug (no css style ?)

Posted:16 Apr 2009 (18:17 UTC)
same problem here...

any ideas what the problem is?
Lester Caine

Posted:17 Apr 2009 (15:08 UTC)
The original problem was with the path to the .css files.
Newer builds have changed the way the .css files are cached, so what you need to do is look at the source code for the page and let us know what the full path to .css files is in the header. Then we can probably unpick where the problem is :)
Jason

Posted:01 May 2009 (15:18 UTC)
I just install bitweaver and have same issue

layout is all messed up...

any solutions?

when I turn on debug it shows this

Line 1:
mkdir_p() - file already exists C:\Windows\TEMP/adodb/127.0.0.1/

And other stuff:
(mysql): INSERT INTO `kernel_config`(`config_name`,`config_value`,`package`) VALUES ('nexus_plugin_path_formelements','C:\\wamp\\www\\bitweaver\\nexus/plugins/menu.formelements.php','liberty')
(mysql): INSERT INTO `kernel_config`(`config_name`,`config_value`,`package`) VALUES ('nexus_plugin_path_suckerfish','C:\\wamp\\www\\bitweaver\\nexus/plugins/menu.suckerfish.php','liberty')
(mysql): INSERT INTO `kernel_config`(`config_name`,`config_value`,`package`) VALUES ('nexus_plugin_path_tikiwiki','C:\\wamp\\www\\bitweaver\\nexus/plugins/menu.tikiwiki.php','liberty')

and as we can see the file locations are messed up...
C:\\wamp\\www\\bitweaver\\nexus/plugins/menu.tikiwiki.php

any solutions...?
Lester Caine

Posted:01 May 2009 (20:46 UTC)
Actually those are acceptable paths for windows \\ is required to get a \ displayed, and / will be translated to \ as required. Is the actual location of your web files correct?

What we need to know is what the path to the style sheet is showing in the source of the generated page. It is suspected that THIS path is getting messed up, but no-one has come back with the info we need to check it. The .css files used in the page should be easily spotted near the top, and the path to them should match the actual location of the files. If the .css compress is on, this should be a file in the /storage/ area - so we need to know if it has actually been created.
j miller

Posted:01 May 2009 (21:37 UTC)
If you are working on a Windows server (like a XAMPP test box), the CSS paths apparently don't interpret correctly.

Search the css files for lines like "@import url(../../base.css);" and replace with a full url path starting with "/".

For example, I installed BW in a "bitweaver" subdir, so I changed these lines to "@import url(/bitweaver/themes/base.css);". This fixed the problem for me (Win XP + XAMPP "localhost" test install).

Anyone have a better idea how to fix this on Windows machines?
Lester Caine

Posted:02 May 2009 (08:34 UTC)
OK - I've done a clean download and install all via IE6 on a W2kServer machine ....
First problem while installing - on W2k there is no wordpad, and config_inc.php will not display in notepad. I had openoffice on the machine so could edit that way, but this needs investigating to make things easier!

Yep - menues are screwed after install.

The first part of the fix is to go to Admin->Theme Settings and disable the bottom two tick boxes. Joining and Packing the .css is obviously messing up the files for Windows ... Actually ? The path to those files is the problem. Hard coding the @import url(/bitweaver/themes/base.css); DOES allow the packer to work, so good call there.

While this gives a nice menue bar, the drop downs are still not working, and selecting the IE7-js tick box does not fix that ( at least not for IE6 which is all I have loaded here ). I've got IE6 dropdowns working on medw.co.uk, which is running on linux, but copying the theme and older fixes files to the windows server does not fix the problem. I suspect that this IS the same path problem, but since IE does not tell you when it can't find a file ... I'm not sure.
Lester Caine

Posted:02 May 2009 (12:15 UTC)
There is a fixed version of BitThemes.php in CVS which will get the paths right for windows servers, and an IE6.js javascript fixes file for IE6 to display the drop down menus, and stop other layout problems which the IE7/8 files have on IE6.
There is still a problem with javascript tabs competing with the drop down menus, and with other tools on the page overlaying the menus - but that is IE6 ...
Not tested this on IE7 yet - don't have a copy loaded here!
Jason

Posted:04 May 2009 (15:32 UTC)
thanks for the heads up for the BitThemes.php file

will check it out

(:biggrin:)
Lester Caine

Posted:05 May 2009 (05:32 UTC)
Latest fixes in CVS now allow menus to appear in IE6 and IE7, and the problem with the clash with tabs has also been fixed.
spiderr has added a mini-fix but this does not fix IE6 and only partially works with IE7.
Drop down menus need the base.css file loaded to work, so when building a new theme this needs to be included in some way.
  Page 1 of 2 »1 2