File Galleries download error.

jeff
Profile Picture

File Galleries download error.

Posted:26 Feb 2009 (19:36 UTC)
Hello Community,

I'm having an issue with downloading files from the file galleries. All was working fine for a while. Then I tried downloading files and I was getting the following error in a pop up window:

/tmp/W+OJJ1JK.jpg.part could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator.

Additionally, the file name in the error changes every time you click on the same link. Very strange.

I don't think it's a quota issue, and I've looked around the Admin menu for different settings but can't seem to find any that are related.

What baffles me is that it was working fine and suddenly stopped. I can upload files just fine, and when I navigate to Storage>users>...images>...imagelocation i can see the file that was uploaded, and the entire image is there. Also, I have another BW install on the same server with the same configuration and all is working well on that one.

very strange. any thoughts on what might be causing this and how to address it?

as always, thanks to the community.
jeff
Profile Picture

Re: File Galleries download error.

Posted:05 Mar 2009 (18:06 UTC)
OK, I've tried a few things here to no avail.

First, I tried upgrading treasury to the latest from CVS. Then I ran the upgrade process and tried the upgrade script named database_to_libertymime.php as the upgrade process recommended. Emptied the system cache in Admin>Kernel>System Cache for good measure. Still didn't work.

Then I tried completely uninstalling treasury and reinstalling it, but still get the same error.

one curious issue is that when I check the packages in Admin>Kernel>Packages, it lists treasury as being version 0.9.1. But when I go to the reinstall page from the installation script, it says the current version of treasury is 0.0.0 as illustrated below:

0.0.0 Currently installed version

0.9.0 Since you've been using treasury, please visit the treasury upgrade script after you've completed the upgrade.

0.9.1 Update liberty attachments data with data stored in treasury item table and then remove obsolete treasury item table.

Then the next page gives me:

treasury Upgrade 0.0.0 → 0.9.0
Post install notes:
Since you've been using treasury, please visit the treasury
upgrade script after you've completed the upgrade.
treasury Upgrade 0.9.0 → 0.9.1

Which I don't exactly understand. did it upgrade from 0.0.0 to 0.9.0 then from 0.9.0 to 0.9.1? I don't get it.

Any other ideas? Could it possibly be a server setting that I am missing, or is it most likely a BW thing? I have multiple BW installs on the same server and they are running fine.

Thanks in advance for the assistance community.
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:06 Mar 2009 (03:01 UTC)
I've been in contact with the tech support at my hosting company. They seem to think that BW is improperly saving the file.

Not sure why it was working fine one minute, then not the next. I'm fresh out of ideas.....
laetzer

Posted:06 Mar 2009 (04:47 UTC)
Did you check if it is a browser issue yet? Search for "could not be saved, because the source file could not be read", there appear to be many sources.
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:06 Mar 2009 (22:56 UTC)
Yes. I can download files from galleries in other bw installations in firefox. Also, I cannot download files from the gallery that's giving me problems using IE.
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:16 Mar 2009 (20:13 UTC)
I googled around and tried what was suggested, but no luck. I'm pretty sure this isn't a browser thing, and all the information from google seemed to address it as though it were.

So far, I have tried downloading a file from:

Windows XP:
Internet Explorer 7 - Gives the basic "cannot display page" error
Firefox 3.0.7 - Gives the error message in the original post
Chrome 1.0 - appears to download the file, but the file is 0 bytes and does not open in any program

Ubuntu 8.10
Firefox 3.0.7 - Give same error as original post.

I flushed everything out of my /tmp directory, and the problem persists. Does BW use the /tmp directory to store files while they are being uploaded? Is there any reason why BW should be showing that /tmp directory on the error?

I discovered the following error my firefox download records, but only once:

Fatal error: Call to a member function verifyViewPermission() on a non-object in /home/theconst/public_html/main/liberty/download_file.php on line 23

Line 23 of that file is:

$gContent->verifyViewPermission();

Does that shine any light on the subject?

Thanks,

Jeff
Lester Caine

Posted:16 Mar 2009 (22:43 UTC)
( I'll use post reply - less dangerous than the other options :) )
Jeff you say you have converted from the pre-mime situation, to now be using mime? I wonder if you actually have things updated fully.
May be worth checking in the database to see what is currently entered in the LibertyFile records for the files you are looking to download. This will tell you where file is located in storage and what file type bw thinks it is.
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:17 Mar 2009 (03:02 UTC)
Thanks for the reply.

I know nothing about mysql, but when I look in phpmyadmin in libert_files>storage_path>browse, I see that the file path appears to be in the right place. Mysql is looking in storage/users/etc/etc/images/etc/image.jpg and lists the mime_type as image/jpeg. That looks right to me, but as I said, I'm no expert.

Is that where I should be looking? Is that what it should say?

Thanks!
Lester Caine

Posted:17 Mar 2009 (07:26 UTC)
That sounds exactly right, and on the links for that image on your page you should see the same path?

/tmp/W+OJJ1JK.jpg.part IS local to the browser. It's where it's downloading the image to locally and not where it is looking for it at the sever end. At least that is how it would EXPECT it to be working. Those funny file names will appear in your browser cache if you look there. That is why it changes every click.

So do you have a link we can look at to so if we can spot the problem?
jeff
Profile Picture

Posted:17 Mar 2009 (17:43 UTC)
From what I've read after googling around a bit, it does sound like that is a local browser issue like you say. But I'm having this problem with different systems running different OS's and different browsers. They all fail. That error is what firefox throws out, but other browsers have different reactions. (see above post for a description of what different browsers are doing on different OS's)

Since we can't post links here (why is that anyway?) you'll have to go to theconstructs.com>File Galleries>List Galleries

I've thrown a few test images in both galleries. They are all giving me the error.

Thanks for the help!
  Page 1 of 2 »1 2