Different location of Themes and Force directory in bitweaver 3.x

Matt

Different location of Themes and Force directory in bitweaver 3.x

Posted:01 Oct 2012 (01:56 UTC)
Just a fast and dirty method of letting people know before the manual gets edited to reflect the 3.x revisions:

New directory for your themes is now: config>themes>yourtheme

New directory for your own forced templates is now: config>themes>force

The last option is different from the previous location that was themes>force

What confuses me a bit: while in 2.x, the force directory was not listed in admin panel as another available styling option. My 3.x shows a style called "force". I guess this is a bug and I will just ignore it for now.
Lester Caine

Re: Different location of Themes and Force directory in bitweaver 3.x

Posted:02 Oct 2012 (07:31 UTC)
Having been using the separate 'config' location for some time now I'd forgotten it was not pushed into the BW2 distribution.

The theory is that anything site specific should be stored in 'config' while the stock theme stuff is managed in that package. The main reason it came about was when moving the codebase over to github, since at the time a few things we did could not be supported at the time by git :( ( My version is all on Hg but that is another story :) )

Another under the hood tidy is the addition of an 'externals' directory which houses adodb, smarty, and a version of pear that is 'e_strict' compliant ...

There has been a fix to nexus pushed up to github but it seems there is still a problem with the interface that I've not looked at yet.
  Page 1 of 1  1